Sports Premium 2018/2019
What is the Sport Premium?
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. St Wilfrid’s have received £ 7,900.00 in the academic year 2018/2019. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this.
From September 2013, schools have been held to account over how they spend their additional, ring-fenced funding. Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of PE and sport within the “Inspectors” handbook and supporting guidance so that both schools and inspectors know how sport and PE will be assessed in the future as part of the school’s overall provision. One year on, Ofsted will carry out a survey reporting on the first year’s expenditure of additional funding and its impact. Schools will also be required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, alongside details of their broader curriculum, so that parents can compare sports provision between schools, both within and beyond the school day.
How we are using the funding to benefit our children?
Here at St Wilfrid’s we have allocated the funding in a number of ways:-
- Hiring qualified sports coaches to provide additional after schools activities
- Professional development opportunities for the PE leader
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- Continuing to provide a range of sporting activities at lunchtime to increase pupils participation in sports (sports coaches)
- Providing curriculum enrichment activities of sport and dance from a range of providers including professional football teams.
For further information please click the attached document:Sports-Premium-2018 2019